| April 4, 2018
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM | Registration Open
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM | Workshops
Get Your Helmets: A Crash Course on Email 101
“You’ll just run the email program now, ok?” If you’ve recently found yourself on the receiving end of that statement, then this workshop is for you. This interactive workshop breaks email down into three stages: setup, build, and enhance. First, we’ll get you started with authentication and getting your list ready for sending, including list management best practices and tips for keeping both your subscribers and ESPs happy. Part two of the workshop is all about the emails themselves, with tips on coding and design from some of the best in the business. Finally, we’ll wrap up this interactive workshop with customer journey building blocks to get your standard triggers and automations running effectively. With tons of real-world examples and plenty of time for questions, this workshop is a collaborative space for emailers to build their knowledge base from the ground up.
Blueprint for Success: Innovation, Inspiration & Frameworks for Creating Next-Level Email Programs
If you’re like most brands with an investment in email marketing today, you didn’t develop your program via a formal, disciplined process. Rather, your email grew as the channel matured – it evolved along with digital marketing at large – into what it is today, complete with all its gaps, shortcomings and inequities.
But what if you could strategically create an email marketing program intentionally designed for success? And what if – right from the start – you knew exactly the rules of the road and pitfalls to avoid – better than your competition? What if you could not only learn, but also get hands-on practice with, a process for crafting email programs that truly nurture and value customer relationships, plus grow your business in the process?
This workshop is designed to teach you how to develop and implement a practical plan to accelerate email marketing maturity and maximize return on investment. We’ll take the messiness and confusion out of email channel planning and present a step-by-step process you can follow on your own.
We start with a “state of the channel” highlighting all the recent changes and challenges you need to know about. Next we’ll go beyond inspirational examples of personalization in action and explore how to prioritize opportunities to deliver contextual messaging that delivers high engagement. Finally we’ll reveal a blueprint-style framework for creating winning email strategy that engages and converts, all the while explaining the rationale behind it.
You’ll interactively work in small teams, pairs and with the instructors to complete the program planning framework provided – for your audience and brand – then leave with a finished blueprint for email success! Along the way, you’ll come to understand the role and importance of message diversity, uncover both gaps and opportunities in your current program, and be inspired by the tech-empowered possibilities for dynamic, personalized, automated email.
(Note: real-life examples from both B2C and B2B marketers plus industries including but not limited to Travel, Retail, Financial Services, Tech, and Consumer Products will be showcased, so this workshop is applicable to attendees from any vertical)
Co-Founder, Women of Email
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM | Boxed Lunch
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM | Workshops
Email Around the World: From GDPR to CASL – A Global Compliance Bootcamp
Led by: Dennis Dayman, Return Path
Do you know the key global email and data protection regulations across the world? Join this Bootcamp to get up to speed. You’ll learn the key requirements from Europe to Canada to Asia, and how to navigate and comply with the multitude of international anti-spam and data protection laws and regulations.
Join Dennis and his co-presenters for insights on:
· The eec Global Email Marketing Guide: The eec Advocacy Subcommittee has put together this easy-to-use guide that provides a quick look-up matrix of countries by email compliance requirements. You’ll get a sneak-peek at our newest update which is a web-based version that allows easy to look-up features such as an interactive map and drop-down country menu covering 77 jurisdictions. You can navigate the multitude of international anti-spam laws, consent and opt-out requirements as well as which types of email messages are covered. This serves as a primer as you consider this complex, ever changing, and increasingly important area of email compliance.
Next, attendees will be provided with more in-depth advice and compliance tips on the following topics:
· GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation): You’ll get tips on what U.S. companies need to know about the GDPR – key parts of the law; hot topics companies are, and should be, focusing on: consent; consumer rights; and security including the role of the Data Protection Officer.
· ePrivacy Directive: Learn core elements; how this interacts with GDPR; and how this will affect your email marketing campaigns.
· Privacy Shield: Are you transferring data from the EU or Switzerland to the United States? Get Privacy Shield compliant! You’ll come away with a better understanding of its part in this regulatory landscape.
· APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation): Learn about its role, and effect on data flow to/from this region in the world.
· CASL (Canada’s Anti-Spam Law): Are you emailing to Canada? Get a refresher on the main consent and permissioning requirements; and key updates on legislative and enforcement activity.
Developing Personas, Journeys, FBAs and other Foundations for Your Email (and other) Marketing
Truly effective marketing — via email and other channels — requires a strong foundation. Things like personas, journeys, feature|benefit|advantage analysis, message maps, scientific method for testing, developing quantitative projects and more. In this session we’ll not only introduce each of these concepts, we’ll have interactive exercises for attendees to begin developing these foundations for their own organizations. Note: THIS IS NOT A BASIC CLASS! IT’S FOR EXPERIENCED MARKETERS WHO WANT TO TAKE THEIR MARKETING TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH THESE FOUNDATIONS.
Founder and Chief Strategist
Email Optimization Shop